Information is the lifeblood of an organization. Success or failure of the organization is directly connected to market positioning and an organizations ability to maintain its proprietary and intellectual information. Many organizations severely undervalue the importance of information and fail to evaluate the impact of lost intellectual information on an organizations ability to compete.
Technical Surveillance Countermeasures is a counter intelligence activity and refers to the countermeasures that are employed to detect or to defeat attempts to gain any information, whether privileged, confidential or of a very personal nature through the use of a variety of eavesdropping and other listening and transmitting devices.
Technical Surveillance Countermeasures referred to as "debugging" and "sweeping" detects the presence and location of active/passive eavesdropping and surveillance devices. It also detects and identifies existing or potential information security and communication weaknesses.
Technical Surveillance Countermeasures has also been defined as the systematic physical and electronic examination of a designated area by trained and qualified persons utilizing approved equipment and techniques in an effort to locate transmitting or surreptitious listening devices, security hazards or other means in which classified, sensitive or proprietary information could be intercepted or lost.
HOW REAL IS THE THREAT OF ELECTRONIC EAVESDROPPING?
Information gathering and business espionage is found at every level of our society and the innovations in surveillance devices heighten the threat to confidential business transactions and personal privacy. Everyone conducting business is vulnerable in some regard. Information that needs to be protected may range from business secrets to very personal information.
Information can make the difference between success and failure in business. It is difficult to assess how many companies or individuals are targets of electronic surveillance. Many companies and individuals are totally unaware that electronic spying has affected their businesses or private lives.
We have found that in CANADA and the rest of the World that many businesses and even large corporations do not realize the extent of the threat and do nothing to protect their premises, facilities or communications from illegal eavesdropping. Most do not even have a counterintelligence policy or procedures.
The testing procedures during the physical search also include the detection of active or inactive infrared, light or ultrasonic and microwave transmitters beyond the range of the RF analysis. We also use a variety of multi-meters, scopes, flashlights, ladders and other instrumentation necessary to perform a thorough physical inspection.
Telecommunications Systems Analysis
We are capable of testing digital, electronic and electro-mechanical single and multi-line telephone sets and lines for devices and modifications which would allow the interception of room audio and telephone conversation.
We check for all types of transmitters and electro-magnetic radiating devices which transmit audio, video, or data signals, including free space transmissions and devices that utilize the power lines as a transmission media. Special techniques such as sub-carrier and spread spectrum are also addressed during the RF spectrum analysis.
Analysis and Report (Upon Additional Request)
At the completion of the survey a comprehensive report outlining the work performed, results, record of findings, readings/measurements, as well as our evaluation and recommendations are furnished.
Trained staff members perform the surveys. Certificates and proof of attendance of training courses, workshops, seminars as well as Government service records are available.
Important: If any of the following warning signs apply and you are concerned about covert eavesdropping or wiretapping contact us. DO NOT call from a suspect telephone, cellular telephone or affected area.
1. Others know your confidential business or professional trade secrets.
2. Meetings, schedules, bids and proposals appear to be common knowledge.
3. You have noticed strange sounds or volume changes on your telephone lines.
4. You have noticed static, popping, or scratching sounds on your telephone lines.
5. Sounds are coming from you telephone handset when it is hung up.
6. Your telephone often rings and no one is there or a very faint tone or high-pitched
Squeals/beeps are briefly heard.
7. Your am/fm radio and television suddenly develops unexplained interference.
8. You have been the victim of a burglary- although nothing was taken.
9. Electrical outlets appear to have been tampered with.
10. Clocks, lamps, exit signs, etc. appear to have been moved and are crooked or
appeared tampered with.
11. Dry wall dust or ceiling debris is notice on the floor or other areas in your
12. You notice that utility companies or workers are spending excessive time near
your home or office.
13. Utility workers show up at your home or office unannounced.
14. New security guards, cleaning staff or maintenance people appear to be out of
15. Door locks appear to have tampered with.
16. Furniture is moved and no one knows why.